Welcome

Welcome to Method Promotion's blog. A place where we share music promotion methods, and industry news, to help you get your tunes heard.


Monday 22 March 2010

Myspace: Is there anybody in there? Poll time...












You don't need me to tell you that the world of social networking has changed over the last few years. I used to use Myspace to contact people for organising gigs, talking about their music, getting demos, getting feedback. Recently I sent a ton of messages to people on myspace trying to set stuff up, people who I thought might be interested in something I had to offer, people who's music I enjoyed, all sorts. I haven't had a reply from a single one of them. Okay maybe people just didn't like what I had to say (it wouldn't be the first time). Or perhaps it's the genre of music, maybe Electronic music provides other outlets for people's tunes so they don't really bother with myspace. Or maybe, just maybe, Myspace as a social networking/music resource is slowly wilting.

Please vote! Tweet, and retweet, comment with your opinions, and post to your Facebook profiles (or Myspace, if you want to be ironic) and lets get a definitive answer as to whether other platforms have overtaken myspace as the home of music networking online.

Cheers kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment