Welcome

Welcome to Method Promotion's blog. A place where we share music promotion methods, and industry news, to help you get your tunes heard.


Monday 15 March 2010

A Soundcloud Argument

Received a particularly angry email about being on Soundcloud.

I use Soundcloud to try and network, it's what it's for. Method Promotion isn't a Record Label, or an Artist, as you'd usually see on Soundcloud, but I really don't see the harm in trying to network with electronic music makers, even if my business does benefit from it (surely so does a label owner, and even a musician you could argue?)

Short rant. Finito.

2 comments:

  1. No harm in networking but You're sending out unwanted spam. Makes you wonder, is this how you're gonna generate "buzz" for your clients?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would, of course, not be sending this mail out if I didn't think it could be of use to people. I realise that spam really is against the ethos of SoundCloud but the reaction I've had to the messages I've sent has been really positive.

    It's not endless emails about cheap watches or penis enlargements, it's letting potential customers know we exist, and just once, I won't keep sending messages to people I know don't want them...It's one to debate, I'd hate to think I was annoying the majority of people.

    ReplyDelete